• Welcome back to MIT!

MIT Academy News

MIT Academy News

MIT Academy News

Open For Business!

The student store begins operation.

The MIT Academy Middle School Student Store is open to the public! After two weeks of operation, sales have been great. 

The student store is located next to Ms. Saldana’s room, which is room 12. You’ll know it when you see it from the white metal sign that says, “Student Store.”

Many items can be found to be sold there such as Welch’s Fruit Snacks, healthy Frito Lay Baked Chips, Nature Valley Oats & Honey Granola Bars, Orville Redenbacher Buttered Popcorn as well as Smart Food White Cheddar Popcorn.

Beverage selections include Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa, Arrowhead Spring
Water, as well as Coke, Sprite, and Canada Dry Ginger Ale.

There is also MITA school merch, including zip-up hoodies, regular hoodies, beanies, and T-shirts are also for sale.

The sodas, corn nuts, and chips that come in the Frito Lay Variety Pack will have to be sold fifteen minutes after school due to laws that have been put in place preventing sales before then. 

Items at the store are usually $1, but the fruit snacks are 2 for $1. The merch ranges from $10 up to $25. Sizes are available from small to large.

Students will be able to sign up to work for the student store as well. The more the merrier! To sign up, you must go to or email either Ms. Saldana or ASB Treasurer Aaris Davis. The maximum amount of people allowed to work at a time is 4 so be advised that there might not be enough spots. (And employees do not get paid.) 

The student store is always looking for donations of anything that is low carbs, low sugar, and allergen-friendly so that everyone can have something to eat.

The student store is open during lunch from 11:35 to 12:10 and after school from 2:30 to 3:15 on Mondays but and 3;15 to 4:00 Tuesday-Friday.